Membership entitles each individual member or each rider in a member family to the following benefits:
1) Organized group rides are held each Saturday morning from April through October. Rides levels start from from about 30 miles and go up to 60 miles or more. Riders can join a low-intensity group or a more advanced group, whenever they feel like it. These rides are not a competition and no riders will be left behind. Benefits include mutual support, fun, skill-building, and mutual aid. Each ride is hosted and led by a TCC member. Rides will be announced by weekly e-mails to be sent out Thursday evenings, and they will also be posted on our TCC Meetup Group on Meetup.com.
2) Weekday rides. Various club members take on the responsibility of posting rides throughout the week. These are organized and led by members and posted in TCC’s Meetup group on Meetup.com.
3) All members are entitled to a 10% discount at Scott’s Cyclery on parts and equipment. Some discounted sale items, bikes, and labor are excluded. Scott’s is on Main St. in Willimantic. They are fine folks and long-time, active members of Thread City Cyclers.
4) Meetings will be held several times each year for the sake of planning, review, discussion of upcoming events, and simply for having a fun time!
5) Take advantage of opportunities for collaboration on riding events outside of our club. TCC shares information about riding events, such as Century rides, races, triathlons, duathlons, fundraisers and other events where TCC members may wish to join forces as a team or to simply share transportation.
6) We have uniforms. Each member can purchase cycling clothing as part of our club order. This may include shorts, bibs, jerseys, shorts arm warmers and vests. This is fine quality equipment and it is discounted through support from our sponsors.